One Unexpected Journey

10.24.2011

I just love when you start the weekend with no real plans and you find yourself in a place like this! Saturday was an exceptionally gorgeous day here in Birmingham, with the temperatures in the 50's and a cool crisp air. Whenever I am asked "What is your favorite season?", my reply has always been "any season that isn't an extreme!" Spring and Fall are absolutely beautiful in the south, but Fall is especially a favorite and it is easy to see why. When rounding the corner onto this peaceful road I immediately said "I need a picture of this" (for those of you who know my Father - it seems that I have become him in that statement!!).

For years, my idea dream house would always have a road like this as a driveway. There is something about the color of the leaves, the trees and the beautiful canopy that they create. Who wouldn't want to come home to something like this? Life is full of winding roads, all leading to one unexpected journey. Capturing this picture brings me to passages such as these. 

"Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Psalm 25:5

"The Lord is my Shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the paths for his name's sake. Even though I will walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." Psalm 23:1-4


Happy Monday ... 

1 comment :

  1. The message is insightful and very true of life. The country road photo is beautiful and strongly draws you to its serenity.

    Love the blog and love you!

    DJB

    ReplyDelete