Remembering Pure Innocence

11.06.2011

My thoughts have been here for weeks, my heart heavy laden for a friend and family that long to be reunited with an angel, their angel. On November 6, 2010, my dear friend Kristin, husband Cannon and their son Parrish lost their precious baby girl, Olivia Charles Prickett, to SIDS. As a friend, I can in no way understand their pain or know what day-to-day life means for them and the obstacles they face. My memories of this tragedy are vivid and over time do not seem to fade.  It's times like these where you struggle to find the words to express your deep sorrow and you want so badly to take their pain away. Even still I struggled to know what they would need in the way of prayers because I felt they needed everything our Lord could provide and more. I remember asking the Lord to shelter and comfort them during this unimaginable time, filing the hole in their hearts with only His perfect love. Without doubt my prayers were answered and God continues to watch over this sweet family. I have witnessed the Lord work through Kristin and Cannon and their foundation to not only help them survive their own tragedy, but to help other families cope with pain, suffering and loss similar to theirs.

For those who knew Olivia, her contagious smile was complimented by a laugh that brought joy to anyone in her presence. Today, her light lives on and touches the lives of many through the her parent's faith and God's pure grace. I ask that you please continue to pray for The Pricketts during this difficult time and especially the holiday season.

Psalm 119:28 “My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word.”

Psalm 119:41 “May your unfailing love come to me, LORD, your salvation, according to your promise.”

Psalm 119:50 “My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.”


Remembering Olivia, 


No comments :

Post a Comment